Followers

Wednesday 16 January 2013

Wasabi Prawns

I don't like what Crimson Chakra (Gandhi Nagar,Chennai) has done to me,not only has it got me addicted to their fabulous food,but it has got me hooked on to Gourmet Market,( a food store located within their premises) its every cook/chefs, food paradise.A small u shaped store,it has the capacity to hold all the exotic food delicacies your heart desires.On one of my sojourns to CC,I picked up a wasabi paste ( a horse radish inspired sauce) to make its namesake, wasabi prawns.I had the good fortune to enjoy this dish at a fine restaurant named Chao,since then have always wanted to try this at home.

Now the flavours for this need to be delicate,so just don't go overboard with the wasabi paste.

For this you would need 

Ingredients:

400 gms shelled,deveined
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp sugar
1 egg white
2 tbs cornflour
salt to taste
Marinate the prawns in the above mixture adding the cornflour just before frying.
Fry in piping hot oil,(do remember to stay away from the sputtering pan) till brown and crisp.

The sauce:

1 cup good mayonnaise 
1/2 cup fresh cream
1 tsp Wasabi paste (increase if you want more spice)
1 tsp lime juice
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp onion seeds

Mix all the ingredients except the oil and onion seeds, together till its smooth,add the fried prawns to it and mix well.Heat the oil add onion seeds and fry for a few seconds,pour over the prawns and serve immediately.


Hope you liked this recipe,remember to share and serve with love and kindness....


2 comments:

  1. Aunty I'm gonna try it this weekend... Hoping to beat CHAO... :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks and sounds delicious. I love prawns and CC is one of my fav places to eat. But I haven't been to their store.

    Thanks for the info and the recipe, Tasneem.

    Joy always,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete